Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.

Author: Hugh Sasse
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: EXIM users list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Comments from a new-ish user.
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Hugh Sasse on Tue, Jun 22, 1999:
> > [Directors, routers, drivers:...(simplified) diagram]
>
> See page 9 of the PostScript version of the Spec document for
> release 3.00.

    self.lart()!  Don't know how I missed that!

> > [Where variables interact...may be useful...table]
> >
> Umm. This would make the doc bigger, and it's clear enough as it
> is now. Maybe this would be a good idea, maybe not.

    I raise this because of my earlier question on sender_verify
    and sender_try_verify.  A table's orthogonality may also help
    the author ensure that all cases are covered in the docs.

> > relay_domains, host_accept_relay: I feel it may be clearer if
> > these were called incoming_relay_destinations and outgoing_relay_sources
> > or something of the sort, so the distinction is more explicit.
>
> Maybe. But I, personally, would prefer short names.

    Agreed.  I couldn't think how to be more concise and very clear.

> > The documentation says you can use
> > regular expressions to match hostnames, but I could not find anything
> > explicit about using them for IP address specs, so I didn't do that.
>
> I suppose that you could use simple regexp such as:
> local_domains = ^(foo|bar)\.baz\.dom$

    That is what it says you can do.  I was talking about
    198.168.(20|21|22|71).0/24 which may or may not be legal.

> but it's not really needed, I think. Using a colon-separated
> list should be good enough.
>
> Vadik.

    Thank you,
    Hugh.