Re: [EXIM] Blackholing a domain

Author: Ken Bailey
To: James Dehnert
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Blackholing a domain
James Dehnert wrote ...

> I am the keeper of a domain that we no longer want to get e-mail for. In
>fact, I want to just black hole all the e-mail coming in for this domain ( we
>have given tons of notice, and I'm tired of cleaning out 100's of messages with
>eximon )

Rather than blackhole it, why not use an autoreply which returns the
senders message, pointing out the error of their ways? That way no
mail is lost, only the miscreant sender is inconvenienced, and (most
importantly :) you no longer need to manually intervene.

Silently blackholing will give you more work explaining why mail that
senders thought was delivered never reached its destination.

Ken
--
# Ken Bailey, Computer Section,   # Internet: K.Bailey@??? #
# The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, #      Tel: +44 (0)181 332 5729    #