Re: [EXIM] Exim for dialup use [was Why should I use Exim ov…

Author: Ben Smithurst
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim for dialup use [was Why should I use Exim over Qmai l?]
Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Speaking of the whole dialup thing, one of the things Philip added to
> make diong dialup interface up/down changes easier was queue_only_file,
> which makes (for queue_only or remote or smtp) changes easy without
> having to alter the config file (which was the problem I hit the last
> time I was messign with dialup mail).

Well, no good for me, since queue_remote is no good for me. But I imagine
it would be useful for some people..

Anyway, I don't think I'll have any problems at all with the config file
being zero length now. I've modified Exim to get a shared lock on the
config file before reading it (which is probably quite expensive but I
can live with it), and the program which updates it gets an exclusive
lock, so there shouldn't be any conflicts, if I've understood everything
right. (Seems to be working anyway.)

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and