Re: [EXIM] Exim version 3.02

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim version 3.02
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> >ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-3.01-3.02.gz
>
> The patch creates a bunch of "missing header for context diff" errors,
> but exit code 0. This makes me cringe, but it seems to work.

I have replaced the patch with one which works without errors on both
patch 2.1 and patch 2.5.3 (the latest I could find). There was obviously
a lot of revision to the patch program between those releases. As well
as the additional requirement for --- as well as *** lines, the default
verification output is now just one line per patched file, instead of
all the stuff about hunks succeeding that used to appear.