Re: [EXIM] Exim version 3.02

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim version 3.02
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Marc Haber wrote:

> >ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-patch-3.01-3.02.gz
>
> The patch creates a bunch of "missing header for context diff" errors,
> but exit code 0. This makes me cringe, but it seems to work.

There are no such errors when I apply it according to the instructions
at the top of the patch file. This is on a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Are
there different versions of patch on different systems?

> Is it done on purpose that the build number is not set back to 1 by
> the patch?

Yes, in a sense. There is no cnumber.h file in the src directory. When
you first try to build for a specific architecture, a file containing
"0" is placed in the build directory. So if you build for different
architectures from the same source, each one has its own build number.
However, this does mean that patching cannot reset it.