Re: [EXIM] Remove attachments

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Remove attachments
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 15:31:42 +0100, you wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:34:30 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>> >You can't really tamper with the body of a message in a system filter.
>>
>> But I can _see_ the entire body of a message in a system filter?
>> $message_body doesn't seem to do it.
>
>What you can see is in $message_body and is the first part of the body.
>You really can't do this in a system filter, you might be able to do it
>in perl.

And how do I invoke that perl script? I don't see a way to do so as in
a system filter. And that system filter has only access to
$message_body. Am I missing something here?

>> >(b) You could write a transport filter for the local delivery transport.
>>
>> That would have to be C code compiled into exim?
>
>No - its a filter process called within the transport - message in,
>mangled message out. It could be a shell script.

I am slapping my head. But that local delivery transport filter is run
on a per-recipient-basis and will have to run multiple times for
multiple recipients.

>This can be done with a transport filter... mostly. To do things on a
>per recipient basis the filter would need to be invoked on a per
>recipient basis. This could get expensive in CPU usage etc.

And how could I do this on a per-message basis?

Greetings
Marc