Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?

Autor: Frederick Page
A: Exim
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?
Hi Philip,

you wrote on Fri, Jun 04 1999:
[no courtesy-copies, please]

>I was a bit amazed when people started using it on dial-up hosts,
>because it isn't really designed for such use (as I hope I make clear
>in the manual).

I also had problems with the MTA as a Linux newbie. Tried Sendmail to
no success, then Exim. Had (compared to Sendmail) very little
difficulties and finally got Exim to work with my UUCP provider (News
and Email).

I also was overwhelmed but managed to ignore the parts not relevant to
me. Anyway: Exim is now Debian's favoured MTA (since release 2.1
slink), since it is more easy than other MTAs, extremely well
maintained, bugs (if any) are fixed almost within the hour.

And I'm also very happy with Exim, although just a personal system
(Debian Linux) and totally working with UUCP.

Kind regards    Frederick

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners