Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Johann Spies at Johann
CC: Exim
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Johann Spies at Johann wrote:

> I found the documentation of exim overwhelming. For somebody who does not
> want to know all the technical detail of exim, and who just want to set it
> up for a simple dialup-user-system, I could not find a quick and easy
> explanation of how to do it. Neiter did the configuration script help.

The background to this is that I wrote Exim for our environment, which
is one in which hosts have permanent connections. The default
configuration is all geared up to this and it should work just about
"out of the box" on such a host. I wasn't thinking of dial-up since I
had (and still have) no experience of such facilities. I was a bit
amazed when people started using it on dial-up hosts, because it isn't
really designed for such use (as I hope I make clear in the manual).

I keep trying to find time to write an introductory text, but it is not
progressing very fast. And as far as dial-up goes, for the reasons cited
above, I am not the right person to write about it anyway.