Re: [EXIM] Remove attachments

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Remove attachments
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:34:30 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>You can't really tamper with the body of a message in a system filter.

But I can _see_ the entire body of a message in a system filter?
$message_body doesn't seem to do it.

>(b) You could write a transport filter for the local delivery transport.

That would have to be C code compiled into exim?

I'd like to see some way of piping entire messages through an
arbitrary filter. This would faciliate removal of attachments, virus
scanning, QP-to-8-bit-conversion and a bunch of other things. This
mechanism should have possibilities to generate notification messages
for both sender and recipient and to optionally fail delivery for a
single or all recipients.

Maybe some kind of transport that doesn't do any deliveries but passes
the message through some processing?

Greetings
Marc