Re: [EXIM]

Author: Carl Horne
To: sheldonh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM]
Sheldon,

Thanks for the reply but I had already tried just having verify_sender
and verify_sender_reject.

Here is the output from exim -bP:

# bin/exim -bP |grep sender_verify
no_headers_sender_verify
no_headers_sender_verify_errmsg
sender_verify
no_sender_verify_batch
no_sender_verify_fixup
sender_verify_hosts = *
sender_verify_max_retry_rate = 12
sender_verify_reject

Here is the output from the telnet:
mail from: afdasdf@???
250 <afdasdf@???> is syntactically correct
rcpt to: chorne@???
250 <chorne@???> is syntactically correct
data
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
this is a test
.
250 OK id=10od7T-0000dI-00
quit
221 metis.co.ihc.com closing connection

Thanks,
     Carl

<<< Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@???> 5/31 12:17a >>>

On Fri, 28 May 1999 21:15:37 CST, "Carl Horne" wrote:

> I have a test box setup and have all of the forwarding/relay working.

> have tried about every combination of sender_verify, sender_try_verify
> and headers_sender_verify I can find in the email archives.

Hi Carl,

Try the following change to exim's configure file and remember to
restart Exim to force re-reading of the file:

sender_verify = true
sender_verify_reject = true

To make sure that your config is valid, do

exim -bP | grep sender_verify

You'll see other options that you didn't sepcify -- that's fine, they're
just default values.

Make sure that you do _not_ specify sender_try_verify.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: It's always a good idea to put _something_ meaningful in the Subject
    line of mail, especially when sending to a list.