Re: [EXIM] problem implementing exim on SCO

Author: exim newsreader
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] problem implementing exim on SCO
>Subject: Re: [EXIM] problem implementing exim on SCO OpenServer
>Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 01:56:22 +0300
>Sender: exim-users-request@???

>Quoth exim newsreader on Mon, May 31, 1999:
>> The trouble I am experiencing is that the native SCO 'mail' command
>> calls the sendmail binary (in this case the EXIM binary) with an option
>> of "-oo".
>> This options according to the sendmail docs is:
>> "this message may have old style headers".

>What are those old-style headers? RFC 561?

>Vadik.

I am not actually sure. However I think the keyword here is "may" have.
The actual route the mail takes is:
MUA -> execmail -> sendmail

The 'mail' binary merely sends the message via stdout to execmail, with
only the recient address as a parameter.
The 'execmail' binary does unknown processing/interrogation of the message,
and once again sends it via stdout to sendmail/exim, with the addition
of two command line parameters, "-oo", and "-oem".
I beleive that execmail is merely adding "-oo" as a matter of routine.
I can write my "own" execmail to drop the "-oo", but a simpler way there
must be.

BTW, SCO has zero documentation on "execmail". It's purpose escapes me.
--
Jim Pazarena    mailto:paz@qcislands.net
                http://www.qcislands.net/paz