[EXIM]

Author: Carl Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM]
Hi,

This has been driving me crazy for the last two days. This is what I am
trying to do:

I have a box setup that answers all incomming email and passes it to
internal servers. At the present time its running sendmail. The main
reason for this setup is to block spamming. I would like to replace
sendmail with exim but I can't get it to verify the sender domain (DNS
lookup).

I have a test box setup and have all of the forwarding/relay working. I
have tried about every combination of sender_verify, sender_try_verify
and headers_sender_verify I can find in the email archives. I have read
and re-read the manual. I must be missing something. The way I have been
testing is to telnet to port 25 as follows:

Escape character is '^]'.
220 metis.co.ihc.com ESMTP Exim 3.01 #1 Fri, 28 May 1999 13:16:36 -0600
helo qcontin
250 metis.co.ihc.com Hello horne at qcontin [204.228.135.161]
mail from: asdf@???
250 <asdf@???> is syntactically correct
rcpt to:chorne@???
250 <chorne@???> is syntactically correct
data
354 Enter message, ending with \\\".\\\" on a line by itself
test
.
250 OK id=10nS8H-0000V9-00
quit

As you can see it excepts the bogus mail and forwards it.

Thanks,
Carl