Re: [EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment
On Wed, 26 May 1999 17:29:19 +0200, you wrote:
>My host should accept mail from any ibm.com machine

If it can be contacted by machines that are not from ibm.com and these
machine shouldn't be able to deliver mail to it, you'd want to set
something like host_reject = !*.ibm.com.

>1) Mail directed to atena.rome.ibm.com/atena.italy.ibm.com delivered
>locally

That should work right out of the box if you set local_domains.

>2) mail directed to any other ibm.com machine delivered by direct SMTP
>connection with DNS lookups

You'd want to use a domainlist router for that.

>3) All other mail relayed to raleigh.ibm.com which is a mailer machine
>that is able to send mail outside the firewalls

Also, this is work for a wildcard domainlist router.

Greetings
Marc