[EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment

Author: Robert J. Alexander
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment
<DISCLAIMER>
Despite my name and mail address I am Italian and have an hardish time
writing and understanding English !!!
</DISCLAIMER>

I am quite sure that my setup is a very common one and beg you to be
patient ...

Any pointer to a config file that I could use/study would be greatly
appreicated.

I work in IBM behind firewalls which protect the internal ibm.com
network.

My machine which runs exim 2.11 (Debian unstable - Linux 2.2.5) sits in
the internal network and has two interfaces :

atena.rome.ibm.com
atena.italy.ibm.com

I whish to connect to this machine from a number of clients (Netscape
browsers) I have hanging around the ibm.com namespace.

My host should accept mail from any ibm.com machine and take the
following three actions:

1) Mail directed to atena.rome.ibm.com/atena.italy.ibm.com delivered
locally

2) mail directed to any other ibm.com machine delivered by direct SMTP
connection with DNS lookups

3) All other mail relayed to raleigh.ibm.com which is a mailer machine
that is able to send mail outside the firewalls

Thank you very very much in advance for any help.

Robert Alexander