Re: [EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert J. Alexander
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Pointer to exim in a firewalled environment
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Robert J. Alexander wrote:

> My machine which runs exim 2.11 (Debian unstable - Linux 2.2.5) sits in
> the internal network and has two interfaces :
>
> atena.rome.ibm.com
> atena.italy.ibm.com
>
> I whish to connect to this machine from a number of clients (Netscape
> browsers) I have hanging around the ibm.com namespace.
>
> My host should accept mail from any ibm.com machine and take the

sender_host_accept_relay = *.ibm.com

[In Exim release 3.00 and greater, that becomes

host_accept_relay = *.ibm.com
]

> following three actions:
>
> 1) Mail directed to atena.rome.ibm.com/atena.italy.ibm.com delivered
> locally

local_domains = atena.rome.ibm.com : atena.italy.ibm.com

> 2) mail directed to any other ibm.com machine delivered by direct SMTP
> connection with DNS lookups

Replace the routers with:

inside:
driver = lookuphost
domains = *.ibm.com
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

> 3) All other mail relayed to raleigh.ibm.com which is a mailer machine
> that is able to send mail outside the firewalls

outside:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * raleigh.ibm.com byname