Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works

Author: Frederick Page
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Spam fighting that works
Hi Christian,

you wrote on Thu, May 20 1999:
[no courtesy-copies, please]

>It is quite simple, and I was wondering if this is "common knowledge",

I also came up with kind of the same idea some time ago and also
wondered, whether this would be common knowledge, since it was so
easy.

>if
> $header_to: does not contain "my_account@???" and
> $header_to: does not contain "@localhost" and
> $header_cc: does not contain "my_account@???" and
> $header_bcc:does not contain "my_account@???" and
>then
> save /home/my_account/Mail/possible_spam
>endif

I found out, that a more simple approach also gets the job done:

if
$header_To: does not match "@(thebetteros|ntrulez)\.oche\.de"
then
testprint "Spam: $header_To:"
save $home/mail/spam
finish
endif

>The only thing to be aware of is to place it AFTER filters dealing
>with mailing lists, or all those will en up as possible spam as well.

This is indeed very important, since I don't like courtesy-copies,
those also end up in mailbox spam.

Kind regards    Frederick