Re: [EXIM] domain list syntax question

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bernard Stern
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] domain list syntax question
On Tue, 11 May 1999, Bernard Stern wrote:

> file1:
> -----
>
> local.ch:*.local.ch:
> local2.ch:*.local2.ch
>
> file2:
> -----
>
> virtual.ch:*.virtual.ch:
> virtual2.ch:*.virtual2.ch:
> virtual3.ch:*.virtual3.ch
>

> and my local_domains and relay_domains variables of my configure file
> are as follows:
>
> local_domains = "@: \
>                  lsearch;EXIM_CFG/file1: \
>                  lsearch;EXIM_CFG/file2"

That defines as local the domains local.ch, local2.ch, virtual.ch,
virtual2.ch and virtual3.ch. ONLY.

If you are expecting the *.local.ch etc. to take effect as a virtual
domain, you have not understood how lsearch works. It is a single
"key-result" lookup. The keys are the values before the : in each line.

If you want things like *.local.ch then (in the current release of Exim)
you have to put them in-line in the local_domains setting. In the next
release of Exim you will be able to indirect them through a file, though
each one has to be on a separate line. The next release will be out
pretty soon; I am proof reading the documentation.