Re: [EXIM] hostnames in 2.950

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] hostnames in 2.950
Quoth Philip Hazel on Fri, May 07, 1999:
> On Fri, 7 May 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> > host_accept_relay = @ : localhost
> >
> > It seems like the behavior of exim changed somewhere.
>
> That is odd, unless you had *no* relay settings before.

Yup, indeed I (or, more accurately, Ephraim) had no relay
settings. The mail was still relayed from localhost and @ to
everywhere. Well, I don't know if we should call it relaying,
becuase all those hosts did was sending the mail to our
mailserver for further processing (see the Received: headers of
this message for an example).

> There *is* a
> change in that relaying is now locked out by default in the binary -
> previously this was not the case, but the default configuration locked
> it out.

Good. I think it is the Right Thing.

Vadik.

--
Real software engineers don't debug programs, they verify correctness.
This process doesn't necessarily involve execution of anything on a