Re: [EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: 020shero
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim 2.12
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 020shero@??? wrote:

> relaydomains:
>     driver = domainlist
>     route_list = "*.a.wits.ac.za b.wits.ac.za; \
>                  X.wits.ac.za Y.wits.ac.za"
> wits:
>   driver = domainlist
>   transport = local_smtp
>   route_list = *.wits.ac.za $domain byname

> The same entry in our V2.12 config causes mail for the virtual domains to pass
> through to the wits: router, but the relaydomains: router seems to
> have no effect on the host address and delivery fails.

Please run

exim -d9 -bt xxxx@???

and/or

exim -d9 -bt xxxx@???

to find out exactly why Exim is not running the relaydomains router. The
output is written to stderr. Send it to me and I will try to spot what
is going on, if it isn't obvious.

> Has the domainlist syntax changed since 1.92 or are we doing
> something wrong?

It shouldn't have changed.

General comment:

You don't really need two routers here. This single router should do the
same thing:

relaydomains:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = local_smtp
    route_list = "*.a.wits.ac.za b.wits.ac.za byname; \
                  X.wits.ac.za   Y.wits.ac.za byname"