[EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim 2.12

Author: 020shero
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] (Fwd) Cant get domainlist router to work in exim 2.12
HI

We are testing our Exim V2.12 installation and are having problem routing mail
for certain virtual domains.

WE had the following entry in our V1.92 config file which worked fine.
The relaydomains: router ensured that the correct host was selected for
the matching virtual domain. This then passed through to the wits: router
which handled delivery.

relaydomains:
    driver = domainlist
    route_list = "*.a.wits.ac.za b.wits.ac.za; \
                 X.wits.ac.za Y.wits.ac.za"
wits:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = local_smtp
  route_list = *.wits.ac.za $domain byname

Note: This follows the UUCP example given in the exim 1.80 documentation
      (Section 27.5).

The same entry in our V2.12 config causes mail for the virtual domains to pass
through to the wits: router, but the relaydomains: router seems to
have no effect on the host address and delivery fails.

Has the domainlist syntax changed since 1.92 or are we doing
something wrong?

Thanks
Sherona
Computer And Network Services