Re: [EXIM] Uppercase in usernames

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Uppercase in usernames
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Phil Chambers wrote:

> Is there another solution? If not can someone tell me where in the code I could
> insert a patch to downcase before doing a dbm lookup in the aliasfile driver? The
> exim_dbmbuild downcases the keys, so it would seem logical to downcase before
> searching.

The solution is to use a smartuser driver to get the local part into the
correct case before doing anything else. Put something like this as your
first director:

sortoutcase:
driver = smartuser
new_address = ${lookup{${lc:$local_part}}dbm{/some/file}{$value}fail}@$domain
new_director = <name of following director>

Then all the subsequent directors will run with the local part in the
correct case.