[EXIM] 'bounce' messages from a different user..

Author: Jason Gunthorpe
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] 'bounce' messages from a different user..

Hi,

I am using an exim filter file to process a virtual domain I have, my
filter file looks like this:

if ${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{maintainerdb}{$value}{unknown}} is "unknown"
then
seen mail expand file bouncemesg return message
else
seen deliver ${lookup{${local_part}}partial-lsearch{maintainerdb}{$value}}
endif

Now this works rather well, it does exactly what I want, however the
'bounce' messages generated by the 'seen mail...' line are sent from the
wrong user. I would like to tell exim to use some other user when
sending the reply message, specifically I would like it to use
Debian Packages Information <info@???>

Is this possible?

Also, on a different topic, There is an error in the filter specification
file, it says you can use spaces in those ${lookup constructs, you cannot,
exim gives errors:

<jgg@???> - error in filter file: unknown filtering command
"{${local_part}}" near line 12 of filter file

Finally, the Filter Specification document has a paragraph like:

Instead of {<string2>} the word 'fail' can appear, and in this case, if
the lookup fails, the entire string expansion fails in a way that can be
detected by the caller. The consequences of this depend on the
circumstances.

I have yet to see how the caller can detect it.. (ie can my example above
be made more robust using this?)

Thanks,
Jason