Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work

Author: Julian King
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work
> I currently run a hacked 1.94.4 with exim 2.12 to give me the virtual
> domain support I need, but I want to add the basis facilities of the
> domain "owners" being able to create / delete lists without shell access
> or human intervention from me. I was going to hack 1.94.4 but found the
> alpha level mj2 and that has support for this kind of thing built in
> directly. Hence my interest.

I set up majordomo 1.94.* to run with virtual domain with no majordomo
hacking at all (well apart from removing one bug they insist on releasing
with all the majordomo's which will always spit something to STDERR).
However to do the list modification/creation stuff we used a modified
version of majorcool, with various small patches applied to majordomo
to allow us to use majorcool, and various larger patches to majorcool
so that it was aware of how we had structured the majordomo system, and
so that it was aware of what domain we were currently dealing with.

It isn't perfect, but it isn't bad considering that it starts with
Majordomo.

I don't know the current state of this is since I have moved jobs
since then.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support