Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work
On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 01:55:05PM +0100, Julian King wrote:
> I haven't looked at majordomo2 in some time, but last time I looked
> I understood that majordomo2 would just talk SMTP. It might have
> a facility for talking to the MTA via stdin, but still talking SMTP...
> If that is true then what is to add to have exim supported?
>
> If there is some kind of support built in for sendmail directly,
> perhaps knowing about some of the flags, then for the most part
> exim is compatible with sendmail, although the exim-config may need
> tweaking to allow certain things.
>
> Or has the situation changed since then?

>From my cursory (sp?) look yesterday the mta support is the alias file

stuff for incoming - in which case most of exim is compatible
with sendmail, but majordomo2 also spits out virtual domain stuff in
sendmails virtusertable format.

I currently run a hacked 1.94.4 with exim 2.12 to give me the virtual
domain support I need, but I want to add the basis facilities of the
domain "owners" being able to create / delete lists without shell access
or human intervention from me. I was going to hack 1.94.4 but found the
alpha level mj2 and that has support for this kind of thing built in
directly. Hence my interest.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy