Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] majordomo 2 work
On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 02:37:05PM +0100, Julian King wrote:
> I set up majordomo 1.94.* to run with virtual domain with no majordomo
> hacking at all (well apart from removing one bug they insist on releasing
> with all the majordomo's which will always spit something to STDERR).
> However to do the list modification/creation stuff we used a modified
> version of majorcool, with various small patches applied to majordomo
> to allow us to use majorcool, and various larger patches to majorcool
> so that it was aware of how we had structured the majordomo system, and
> so that it was aware of what domain we were currently dealing with.

OK, maybe I overstated the case. The only real hack was to change
the places that majordomo looks for majordomo.cf to include
"${HOME}/majordomo.cf" and then get exim to set the home directory
to "/etc/mail/domains/$domain" when calling a majordomo script -
no wrappers required.

    majordomo_pipe:
      driver = pipe
      return_output
      path = "/etc/mail/majordomo"
      home_directory = "/etc/mail/domains/$domain"

and in majordomo.pl:

    $cf = $ENV{"MAJORDOMO_CF"} || "$ENV{HOME}/majordomo.cf" || "/etc/majordomo.cf";

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd