Re: [EXIM] SQL-Integration for exim

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: Kuttner Stefan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] SQL-Integration for exim
* Kuttner Stefan (stefan@???) [990413 16:22]:

> im looking for a solution to manage a very large amount of
> mailaccounts handle by MTA exim 2.12. My first choice will be a
> SQL-Database like mysql. Is there a option in the configure to to
> do a query on it ? Or must perform this by a perlscript ?
>
> Are there any infos availibly on the NET about this ? Please tell

You have two options:

1. Use the perl-exim integration, and write Perl scripts (probably using
DBI) to access your data from SQL

2. Work out some way of getting your SQL data into LDAP and use Exim's
native ldap lookups.

I have experience using #2 (the backend was Oracle), and it worked quite
nicely. I am under the impression that while option #1 is infinitely
flexible, it has a certain performance penalty attached as Exim has to
invoke a perl interpreter for each incoming message. Others may be able to
clarify this for you.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon (JF647)                                        james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100