Re: [EXIM] SQL-Integration for exim

Author: michael
To: exim-users, stefan
Subject: Re: [EXIM] SQL-Integration for exim
> im looking for a solution to manage a very large amount of
> mailaccounts handle by MTA exim 2.12. My first choice will be a
> SQL-Database like mysql. Is there a option in the configure to to
> do a query on it ? Or must perform this by a perlscript ?
>
> Are there any infos availibly on the NET about this ? Please tell
> me...

Well, define "very large" first. I use OpenLDAP for that purpose with
probably 100.000 users by the end of the month. It works fine and I
do not experience performance problems so far. That's not surprising,
because I am using the dbm backend with the latest db2 library. The
ability to add new attributes on the fly and not having any length
restrictions is very comfortable.

If you insist on SQL, then I suggest to hack exim by adding a new
lookup method that does SQL queries.

Michael