Re: [EXIM] sender_verify - problem

Author: Frozen Rose
To: Christian Dysthe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] sender_verify - problem
On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 01:03:30PM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
> 1999-04-10 17:38:24 Exim configuration error
> domain missing in rewrite key string "sender_verify" in line 326
>
> I do not understand how to set this right. I want to "catch" some spam by doing
> this. I am connected by PPP to my ISP and use my ISP's smtp as smart host. I
> use fetchmail to get mail.

I think you need to sho us your rewrite configuration. This sounds
like you've got a rewrite rule without an "@" in the first string to
me...

> Another thing that puzzles me is that I get this message from anacron every day:
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail PERMISSION MISMATCH: was root.root 777 changed to root.root
> 4755
>
> I can not figure out why the permissions are changed for this file, or link
> rather.

Check your /etc/suid.conf file. You shouldn't have an entry for
sendmail any more- you might hav upgraded to exim while you had broken
suidmanager scripts... anyway, you ought to have the line:

exim /usr/sbin/exim root root 4755

and no "sendmail" line.

HTH

SRH