Re: [EXIM] sender_verify - problem

Author: Christian Dysthe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] sender_verify - problem
Hi,

my panic log says:

1999-04-10 17:38:24 Exim configuration error
domain missing in rewrite key string "sender_verify" in line 326

I do not understand how to set this right. I want to "catch" some spam by doing
this. I am connected by PPP to my ISP and use my ISP's smtp as smart host. I
use fetchmail to get mail.

Another thing that puzzles me is that I get this message from anacron every day:

/usr/sbin/sendmail PERMISSION MISMATCH: was root.root 777 changed to root.root
4755

I can not figure out why the permissions are changed for this file, or link
rather.

Thanks for your help! :)

On 11-Apr-99 Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:52:57 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>>I have tried to enable "sender_verify". When I do that local mail stop
>>working.
>>How can I fix that? I have read the docs at the Exim site, but I am still in
>>"the dark".
>
> What do your main, reject and/or panic logs say? Please define "mail
> stop working". Do messages vanish? Do they bounce?
>
> Greetings
> Marc
>
> --
> -------------------------------------- !! No courtesy copies, please !! -----
> Marc Haber          |   " Questions are the         | Mailadresse im Header
> Karlsruhe, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
> Nordisch by Nature  | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Regards,
Christian Dysthe