Re: [EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Liam Helmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Liam Helmer wrote:

> I have a server that accepts 2 kinds of mail:
> a) mail going to anywhere from specific IPs and

Set sender_{host,net}_accept_relay

> b) mail coming in from anywhere going to specific IP's.

Ah. That is unusual. The normal thing is from anywhere to specific
*domains*, which can be controlled by relay_domains.

> My basic problem is 2 things:
>
> 1) I can't find a driver/option that will find out if the message was
> send by a foreign host in the routers/directors section, which is where
> I'd need to apply it to a filter.

If sender_host_address is set, the message came in via SMTP from that IP
address.

> 2) I can't find a driver/option that will send all messages that I've
> filtered to a particular router or transport through a SPECIFIC server.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. If you want to route
messages to a specific host, you can do so either using the domainlist
router and an smtp transport with no hosts of its own, or using any
router or director to an smtp transport that has a hosts setting.