Re: [EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration

Author: Liam Helmer
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration
> I thought that when I first came across that option. Anybody *can*
> declare that you are their secondary MX, but all that does is allow
> anybody to relay *to* them.

Yup - its useless as a spam tool.
People do try to get free backup MXs without asking, but you can pick
that up by log processing and adding the culprits to a blacklist - when
you have trashed a pile of their mail they will stop being so silly.

You're probably right... However, let's just pretend that I'm paranoid
<grin>.

Besides, I'm interested in finding out if there's a way to filter
messages and have them relayed to different hosts depending on where they
came from, rather than where they're going. Is that possible to do with
exim? Or sendmail for that matter?

Or is this on the "wouldn't that be nice for a mail server to do" list?

Cheers,
Liam