[EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration

Author: Liam Helmer
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Secondary Mail Server Configuration
Hi there,

I've spent a day (literally) looking through all the documentation for
exim, and I'm having trouble figuring something out. Here's what I need
to do:

I have a server that accepts 2 kinds of mail:
a) mail going to anywhere from specific IPs and
b) mail coming in from anywhere going to specific IP's.

Idealy, it would check the primary MX record for every recipient's domain
and see if it corresponded to one of several clusters of IP addresses.

I looked at this, and figured out that this configuration is practically
impossible to do on Exim.

So, the next thing I looked at was to make 2 mail servers using the
relay_domains_include_local_mx option. The problem with this option, is
that it's not really secure, given that anybody could create a domain
anywhere and use our server as a relay. Good for them, sucks for us. So,
I'm looking at doing a solution with 2 machines: one machine that
receives mail with the relay_domains_include_local_mx option, and also
receives general mail going out to specific hosts. Then, all mail that is
from a foreign host would get send to a second machine that would act as
a mail queue. This machine would have a broken DNS -> it would only have
a local DNS of hosts mirrored from our primary nameserver, where it would
search for MX data. That way, all mail would be verified by the existance
of an MX record ON OUR SERVER before it would get sent.

My basic problem is 2 things:

1) I can't find a driver/option that will find out if the message was
send by a foreign host in the routers/directors section, which is where
I'd need to apply it to a filter.

2) I can't find a driver/option that will send all messages that I've
filtered to a particular router or transport through a SPECIFIC server.

If anybody can help me on either of these fronts (the original concept,
or the second concept), please let me know. Also, if you know of another
mail program where I can configure such a thing, that'd be excellent also.

Thanks in advance,

Liam Helmer