Re: [EXIM] System filters

Author: Pollywog
To: Exim-users list
Subject: Re: [EXIM] System filters

On 30-Mar-99 Domi wrote:

>> >That should do it. After testing I would tend to change that freeze to
>> >a fail and change the message to be more informative to an end user (ie
>> >add a URL) - thats because I don't like having things that make work
>> >for me to do.
>>
>> But the 'fail' is going to go back to the sender, who in this case is a
>> 'bad guy' (but perhaps s/he doesn't know it) and since said sender was
>> (perhaps inadvertantly) trying to make my life difficult, to heck with
>> whether or not I make the sender do a little extra work :-)
>
> And if the mail is for a mailing list and the reply-to is set to the mailing
> list address and there are several people running the same filter on that
> particular list.. imagine the loop.
>
> Granted, this is a pretty unlikely scenario :>

That reminds me of something that happened a few days ago. I believe I was
bouncing someone elses's posts to a list because I had sender_verify_reject
set and the bounces were going back to the list. I am not sure I was the
culprit but it is a suspicion. I immediately unset that option.

--
Andrew

[PGP5.0 Key ID 0x5EE61C37]