Re: [EXIM] mailman pipe problem

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] mailman pipe problem
Quoth nbecker@??? on Tue, Mar 30, 1999:
> Here's my alias:
>
> test:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"

> Neither the system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of |/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test
>
> How do I fix this?

You can do approximately what I did with Listar (another mailing
list manager). I put all the aliases which must run under the
Listar uid in /etc/aliases.listar, and set up the following
director, right after system_aliases:

### Cut here ###
# Listar mailing lists

listar_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/aliases.listar
search_type = dbm
user = listar
initgroups
owners = root
errors_to = listar-owner
### Cut here ###

The user line sets the uid under which pipes must run. The owner
sets the uid of the owner of the aliases file itself. You may
want to remove the search_type line, though.

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange
Fails to satisfy the eye: