Re: [EXIM] Partial lookups happening in aliasfile director

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Warren Vanichuk
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Partial lookups happening in aliasfile director
On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Warren Vanichuk wrote:

> We're using Exim version 2.02, and attempting to do deliveries via the
> aliasfile director, with the include_domain option turned on. We noticed
> that the director was grabbing more than it should, bar@??? would
> match foobar@???.

Please send me details of your configuration and an example of what
fails, preferably the -d9 output. I have just done a trivial test here,
and cannot reproduce the problem. I created an alias

bar@???

and tested it with foobar@??? and it didn't match.

> We are attempting to get exim to bounce the mail if the EXACT address
> doesn't match.

The easiest way to do that is just to set no_more on the aliasfile
director. Then if nothing matches, the address will fail. No need to
consider any kind of partial stuff.