Re: [EXIM] eximstats-html

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] eximstats-html
Mark Baker <mbaker@???> probably said:
> uname -n also gives the unqualified name. Is there any portable way to get
> the FQDN?

Generally, no.

On a sun it depends if you've set the nodename to be fully qualified or
not (which I would _not_ recommend doing, fully qualified nodenames have
caused me hours of trouble tracking down problems). Generally the FQDN
for my machine is nowhere on my machine ('domain' in /etc/resolv.conf
normally not being supported concurrently with 'search', and 'domain'
also causing some annoying conflicts if you want the search path to
be different from the FQDN).

Common answer - do what exim does to work out out with whatever name
service is in use.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???