Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Bearing in mind that the "Negation in domain/host/net/address lists"
> thread is looking at making an incompatible change to the config style
> of things, maybe its time to put everything into the melting pot and
> decide if there is a config paradigm which would be more intuitive and
> retain (or enhance) the power of the current config.

I think I'd like to limit this change. Otherwise it will get out of hand
and it will be a year or more before I can release anything new. If I
were to throw *everything* into the melting pot, there are a number of
other changes that could be made[*], but making too much upheaval at
once is not IMHO a good thing.

[*] such as abolishing the difference between directors and routers, but
please don't start discussing that. I'm not ready for it yet (and may
never be :-).