Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?

Author: James FitzGibbon
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Are partial-ldap queries allowed?
* michael@??? (michael@???) [990316 10:02]:

> > Then we could say:
> >
> > ${partial{3}{$domain}} = foo.sub.domain
> > ${partial{2}{$domain}} = sub.domain
> > ${partial{1}{$domain}} = domain
> >
> > Presuming that $domain started as some string that ends in 'foo.sub.domain'.
> >
> > This might be a bit too much work for too little gain though....
>
> But then we would also need loops. Partial lookups solve both problems
> very elegant and there is no reason why they shouldn't perform their
> loop over $key exactly like they loop over the implicitly given key of
> single key lookups.

Well, Philip has said that it's been added to the Wishlist, so your task may
become much easier with a future release.

Until then, a perl director could let you do what you want quite easily.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
EHLO Solutions                                         Voice/Fax (416)410-0100