Re: [EXIM] Can exim rewrite Return-receipt headers?

Author: John Holman
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Can exim rewrite Return-receipt headers?
We have a similar problem and would welcome an (efficient) way in
Exim to specify a list of arbitrary headers to be subject to adress
rewriting. Another example is the X-Confirm-Reading-To header
generated by Pegasus mail. This is a very visible option, and
frequently used. It is confusing and annoying for the recipient to
receive a bounce resulting from a failure to deliver the confirmation
message - but this can happen if rewriting is not performed because
incoming SMTP calls to arbitrary hosts are blocked at the site
boundary. Simply stripping the header altogether is not an ideal
solution.

> Having said that, I can see that there might be a reason for wanting to
> rewrite non-standard headers that contain lists of addresses. At present,
> there is no way to do this in Exim short of writing a transport filter and
> doing it by steam.

John Holman
QMW Computing Services
Tel: 0171-975 5323