Re: [EXIM] Filtering hoax warnings

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Filtering hoax warnings
> Yet again we've had a user fooled by a variant of the penpals/good times
> hoax virus warning message and they've subsequently passed it on to all
> and sundry. I was wondering if anyone had come up with a filter to handle
> such hoaxes by logging and possibly deleting them (or just diverting them
> to postmaster) without delivering them to the recipient. An alternative
> would be to somehow warn the recipient that it is suspected that the
> warning is a hoax and advising them NOT to send to everyone else. If
> anyone _has_ written such a filter I'd be interested in seeing it.

I have an entry in my system filter that diverts all mail
where $header_subject contains "virus warning" to a catchment area
where I check out the contents. My attitude is that, if it is a virus
warning, then the IT department should be dealing with it anyway.
Also, the same rule prevents users sending out mail with subject
containing the phrase "virus warning".
 J.
--
John Burnham