Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"
Quoth Tom on Thu, Mar 04, 1999:
> > You can't. The "From " line (without the '>') indicates the
> > start of a message in standard UNIX mbox format.
>
> "From " is used a message separator for bezerk format boxes.

Well, I said it in more technical terms. I _think_ that the
format in question is called "mbox", not "bezerk".

> If you use
> a better (and basically anything else is better)

It's maybe faster, but on the other hand, wasting a full block on
a message saying "call me before 8pm" is not nice, either.

> you won't need "From "
> lines, and the managling required or lines that just happen to begin with
> "From ".

Anyway, it's always nice to have either "From " or
"Return-Path:". And the two are somewhat different -- "From "
has delivery date.

> I use Cyrus for local delivery and I have abolished "From " long
> ago.

Don't know what Cyrus is, enlighten me...

Vadik.

--
Yes, you can get an account if you promise not to wear ties
anymore.