Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"

Author: Tom
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] how to remove "Envelope-to:"

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth The UNIX Mighty! on Thu, Mar 04, 1999:
> > How can i remove the line with ">From bikesh"
>
> You can't. The "From " line (without the '>') indicates the
> start of a message in standard UNIX mbox format. The '>' is
> added when a line in a message starts with "From ", to indicate
> that it's _not_ a start of a next message.

"From " is used a message separator for bezerk format boxes. If you use
a better (and basically anything else is better) you won't need "From "
lines, and the managling required or lines that just happen to begin with
"From ". I use Cyrus for local delivery and I have abolished "From " long
ago.

Tom