Re: [EXIM] One message to *lots* of people

Author: Rob Lingelbach
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] One message to *lots* of people
On Feb 18, 5:02, "Steve Lamb" wrote:

>     Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

> >    http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >    http://www.halisp.net/halisp/reply-to-harmful.html

>     My reply to that BS and goes, point by point, tearing it to shreads.  As
> I said in a private reply, here's the short form:  RFC822 expressly allows
> for the reply-to to be changed for discussion lists.  I assume that people
> here *have* read 822?

as a list administrator for many years I must agree with Nigel,
however, and with the references cited. A careful evaluation will
show that having the Reply-To: set to the list causes many more
problems than it solves.

--Rob

rob@???    |  whose very dog and cat are not the better for it."
www.alegria.com      --Rowland Hill, "Village Dialogues", via A. Lincoln