[EXIM] One message to *lots* of people

Author: Robert Franklin
To: EXIM users
New-Topics: [EXIM] Best way to replicate users
Subject: [EXIM] One message to *lots* of people
Hi,

I'd like to submit a mail message to Exim which will go to *lots* of
people (several thousand, perhaps >10,000).

What's the best way to do this (considering the list of people the
message is going to might be generated 'on the fly' and not static)?

Thoughts:

* there are too many people to put on the command line.

  * using '-t', Exim wouldn't accept more than a certain number / size of
    recipients.

  * I don't know about '-bs', but I don't really want the submitting
    program to have to talk [E]SMTP!  ;)

  * I could create a list of the recipients and put in a directory and
    use the 'forwardfile' director to pick it up.  This is my current
    thought.

Am I missing something (apart from the stupidity of sending one message
to thay many people)? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,

- Bob

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   R.C.Franklin@???
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/