Re: [EXIM] Q: exim and POP3 servers

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: Alan Thew
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Q: exim and POP3 servers
On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 02:18:54PM +0000, Alan Thew wrote:

I used Maildirs and qmail-pop3d at the ISP I managed previously. Worked
very well. I even managed to hack the serialmail package from DJB to work
with the headers that exim writes, ie. Return-path: and Envelope-to: This
allowed me to have a POP system which could trigger SMTP runs to a client
when they had authenticated via POP. Although ETRN is available in exim, I
wanted to use SMTP both ways with dynamic IPs.

--
Anand
System Administrator