Re: [EXIM] Q: exim and POP3 servers

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Q: exim and POP3 servers
On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:18:54 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>I'm interested to see which POP3 servers people use with exim.

I use both the standard qpopper and a patched version [1] that can do
POP3 for accounts that don't have an entry in /etc/passwd. Both
versions work reasonably well.

There are sites that use the pop3 daemon from the qmail package (exim
would have to deliver into a maildir for this to work, I like the idea
- no locks!), but I did not try that myself.

There is also a pop3 daemon with the Erlang project (that I didn't
even try yet, but I will have to look into it soon).

Greetings
Marc

[1] that patch was made by Sven Paulus of subnet e.V.