[EXIM] What to do with bounce messages that stay in the queu…

Author: Paul Walsh
To: Exim Users
Subject: [EXIM] What to do with bounce messages that stay in the queue
I've noticed a number of bounce messages sticking in our queue presumably
because they have a null sender address <> and the receiving host chooses
not to follow RFC1123. As I see it, I have 3 options:

1.    Delete the messages manually
2.    Change the sender to postmaster
3.    Somehow automatically delete the message to the other end won't play
ball

Being a relative newcomer to Exim (and having not noticed this behaviour
under XT-PP) I'd like to know what others do in this situation.

Paul Walsh

Senior Systems Programmer, Information Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU
Tel: +44 (0)121-331-5708    Fax: +44 (0)121-356-2875