Re: [EXIM] Mail-Fax gateway

Author: Chris Bannister
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Mail-Fax gateway
On 9 Feb 99, at 15:31, Julian wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am tring to setup a Mail to Fax gateway. The fax package I will use is
> > hylafax and I haven'd found any tip about that in exim docs or faq.
> >
> > Is there any pointer about that
> > Or some one could helpme.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Daniel ANDRE
> >

> I've not checked this out, but having a look at www.tpc.int might
> well prove informative, since that is precisely what they do.

My next mailer based project is going to be Email->Fax. www.tpc.int do
provide a gateway service, but they don't cover the entire palnet IIRC and
they do stick an advert on the front of your fax message. This is
generally fine for personal faxes, but doesn't go down with the corporate
types.

HylaFax is probably the way to go. I'll write up my adventures with it
when I actaully get half a day to play with it.

--
Chris Bannister - chris.bannister@???
Junior Systems Administrator, Dowding & Mills Plc.