Re: [EXIM] Majordomo Problem

Author: Julian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Majordomo Problem
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

> A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
> The
> following address(es) failed:
>
>   majordomo@???:
>     generated |/home/majordomo/majordomo-1.94.4/wrapper majordomo:
>     Child process of address_pipe transport returned 9 from command:
>     /home/majordomo/majordomo-1.94.4/wrapper

> I can't trace why the wrapper application seems to be terminating with a
> -9 KILL signal. I have performed all the config-tests in majordomo and
> they all report no errors.

It wasn't a kill -9, it was an exit 9.

If you run the wrapper, and see what the exit status is (echo $?) then
that should report 9 if you duplicate what is happening with the mails.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Lee

not specifically a solution to the problem, which I've not seen before,
but at least you can look more closely. A debugging technique would be
to run
/home/majordomo/majordomo-1.94.4/wrapper majordomo
and then pipe in an email, mail 'lists' to yourself, and edit the headers, or
else do it manually, majordomo isn't all that fussy about which headers it
gets.

Julian