Re: [EXIM] qualifying DNS names

Author: Sebastian Kiesel
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] qualifying DNS names
On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 09:47:18AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Sebastian Kiesel wrote:
>
> > I am using exim-2.10. I am wondering how to setup
> > a router that qualifies nonfullqualified DNS names in receipient
> > adresses (as the lookuphost router with options search_parents
> > and rewrite_headers does) and then passes the mail to subsequent
> > routers.

What I didn`t tell clear enough (sorry) is that this router shouldn`t
use a route_list but use the DNS resolver with a search line in its
/etc/resolv.conf to qualify adresses user@host to user@???
The search line looks like
search mydomain.de otherdomain.de onemoredomain.de

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> anything. See the first example in section 27.5.

This means that I need an own entry in the route_list for
every host, right?

user@host1 should be qualified to user@??? while
user@host2 should be qualified to user@???
so I can`t see how to use wildcards.

On another machine

lookuphost:
driver = lookuphost
search_parents
rewrite_headers
transport = remote_smtp

and in /etc/resolv.conf
search mydomain.de otherdomain.de onemoredomain.de

works fine, but on this box I must use a smarthost for remote domains
and direct delivery to the host or its MX if it is in my domain.

My idea was to remove that "transport = remote_smtp" line from
the lookuphost router to get the mail passed to subsequent
domainlist routers after being qualified but this only caused
a configuration error.

Thanks
Sebastian